We can´t specify the exact date of the first church dedicated to the Saint Patron, but there are some documents that are evidence of its existence in 1317. Throughout the centuries it suffers some repairing and modifications but its location is always the same, the present one, the one called Saint Mark´s Arcade.
Between 1901 and 1904 the Saint George´s waiting vicarage is created and it is occupied by D. Leonardo Pérez Ferrándiz. It is in this period of time when the temple is threatening into ruins and it is thought about the possibility of knocking it down completely and building another new one. On 20th June 1913 the archbishop of